Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My experience in curfew

My adventurous journey...

Was in Gujarat for some official work from 17th onwards.....
Return time me I thought to visit Jaipur nd Delhi ( met nimmi sangam uma dua)
On the way to Hoshiarpur from Delhi, I found that the train was running 2 hrs late. The Jalandhar Cant railway station was half broken....

The train then halted at a remote village called Adampur (Khurdpur railway station)
It was at that time someone told that there is a curfew in almost all areas of Punjab....I thought it would get over soon and the train would resume its journey in sometime. I thought I would reach Hoshiarpur very soon as it was only 21 kms from Adampur..

But to my dismay, the passengers waited from morning 8 to 2 p.m for the train to make any movement. Some of the passengers had their relatives and hence went with them. While I, along with 50 more passengers were left with no option but to wait...

Even I stepped out of the train.to go outside the platform and get something to eat and drink...but jaise hi bahaar jaate the...there were some ppl in 2 wheelers with Lathis nd Swords....running around......nd so we ran back to the platform....

The coaaches of some trains were also burnt in Jalandhar...so we did not consider us safe inside the platform too...

Fortunately , the people of the village came to help us out..They provided us water, tea and food ( The entire village shops were closed...so we had no other option to eat nd drink)

After 2 p.m, they sent us to Gurdwara which is the safest place to stay...We were transported from station to Gurdwara by Tractor Trolley ( Yes..it was my 1st ride in the tractor)

They made food arrangements here too...nd we were taking rest in the carpet....

Since 2 p.m yesterday (25th), we are still in the same Gurdwara....waiting for the situation to improve.....longing to reach home :(

nd finally the moment has come....

finally pahunch gaya....company vaale aa gaye lene...

in their company's car ( Sonalika Rhino Rx- yes m trying to publicize it....entered into MUV venture recently;) )

total 13 ppl sat in this 8 seater MUV along with luggages....including 2 ppl from the police forces...there were showrooms nd petrol pumps all broken !!

was quite an adventure indeed !!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ppl with lathis n swords!!

OMG!!
i never happened to see ppl with swords!
n i still can dream then runnin after me!! :O

MAN!! breath-takin experience!

Thank God u still intact!! :)